Friday, March 13, 2009

Artist: Jane James

These two paintings by Jane James were recently chosen as finalists in an exhibition by the Australian Society of Marine Artists National Exhibition. They are now shown at the gallery and both paintings are just devine. Jane is an excellent scuba diver and in the The Big Blue she has tried to paint the "inky" blue of the deep ocean and what lies beneath - these paintings have to be seen "in situ" as they have a "shot" appearance and under different light you can see different images - beautiful! thanks for the delivery Jane.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Hi Janet! Love the blog so will put it into my favourites! Also, this piece is gorgeous...

Janet K said...

Yeh! my first comment, and I haven't officially launched it yet, stay tuned, I'm getting better, will have it connected to my website very shortly. Have you started yet?