Thursday, July 2, 2009

Parish Opera Ballet "La Bayadere" in Brisbane

After visiting Australia for the first time in 2007 with productions of Swan Lake and Jewels, The Paris Opera Ballet now makes its Brisbane debut at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre in June 2009 (finishes 4th July) - The Company, comprising 100 dancers and with The Queensland Orchestra, will present the Australian Premiere of Rudolf Nureyev's stunning production of La Bayadère.

One of the greatest and most spectacular stagings in the company's repertoire it showcases the magnificent ensemble, all members of which will travel to Australia for this premiere event, exclusive to Brisbane.









(images from The Queensland Performing Arts Centre website)

I had the most wonderful experience on the weekend when I attended the beautiful "Paris Opera Ballet" for the spectacular "La Bayadere". The show only runs until 4th July, so if the opportunity arises - you must go...it was the most amazing show I've seen in Brisbane. It was so nice to also see a lot of my customers there! My favourite costume was the red silk tutu with deep purple layers of tuile... ohhhh....I never wanted it to end, it was simply stunning.

1 comment:

denyjune said...

Lucky! I love dance