Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Chance Meeting with Michael Zavros

Michael is very interested in "beauty" as a concept for his paintings....here are some beautiful images of his work, from the famous falling horses, to the "shoes" and one of his European scenes....

His visit made my day!































At the Gallery

OK, it goes like this - its a beautiful, sunny, warm Saturday afternoon at the gallery. I had only just finished telling a customer about one of my favourite books "An Artists Lunch" and I had an amazing double-take when I looked up to see Michael Zavros walking into gallery. I introduced myself & babbled my way through the next 10 minutes of conversation. If anyone knows me really well, they know this is one of most favourite artists and to have a chance meeting like this was well....an incredible experience....A Chance Meeting...

Michael is currently exhibiting at The Gold Coast Arts Centre, which showcases his beautiful, intricate drawings of charcoals and pencil - the exhibition is called "The Good Son" and I have made plans to make my pilgrimage to the Gold Coast this Thursday to see it.

What a delightful artist! so I thought I had better scramble to get my camera and take a photo - see attached image....he has also signed my copy of "The Artist Lunch" which is just the most beautiful book to read which features some of Australia's most celebrated artists in their homes.

1 comment:

Kellie Collis said...

What fabulous art! Thank you for sharing!! xx