Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Paintings from Bronwyn Searle

"Afternoon Reflections"
I cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted, I had a wee break just recently, visiting the outback and touring around on a lovely old steam train for the Q150 celebrations - during which time, there were new paintings being delivered to the gallery left, right & centre! I have plenty to post. How evocative are these oils by Bronwyn ? - we love all of them! and they look gorgeous up on our white walls. I do believe some of the "beachy" paintings were done over on Straddie (Stradbroke Island) as Bronwyn loves this part of the world. The way she makes the water "sparkle" is just incredible.

"Sandcastles"


"Baiting the Hook" (great for Fathers day!)


"Six Corella Pears"



"Nasturiums"


I just love Bronwyn's lucscious oils, they truly are exquisite and as far as I know there is no artist in Brisbane doing work this beautiful going from still life to figurative with such ease. Bronwyn used to illustrate and paint for the Brisbane Museum. There is always a beautiful shaft of light shining through her paintings. Tonal quality is just superb. I put one of these paintings out on the easel today and it was like bees to a honeypot! admirers everywhere.

3 comments:

denyjune said...

I like "Nasturiums". Nice spidery lines and of course brilliant colour sense.

Millie said...

Fab work from Bronwyn, Janet - I bet they just galloped out the door!
Millie ^_^

Toni said...

Wow, I love Bronwyn Searle's Nasturtiums - just gorgeous!