Sunday, December 6, 2009

New Paintings from Bruce Buchanan

"Avenue" in situ at the gallery



"Avenue"


"Boat Harbour Reflections"


"Through the Mangroves"



"Lowtide on the Beach"

Slightly removed from the ordinary, the painting "Avenue" is a remarkable piece of work, once again Bruce displays his masterful, watercolour techniques with this superb painting. I had to show you what it looks like at the gallery, because of the simplicity, it displays such an atmospheric composition.

The other three beautiful paintings are probably spoken for by the time I write this, however, just had to show you the superb paintings Bruce is currently painting. The three paintings are a great little size, lovely frames with double white matts and there will be more to come in the next couple of weeks. I dont think I've ever seen a more beautiful painting of the Manly Boat Harbour as this one - the light coming in from the right of this painting, is just superb, brightening the overall composition.

4 comments:

vicki archer said...

I love that simple line of trees Janet...xv

Janet K @ Manly Gallery said...

Thanks for your comments Vicki, I appreciate it (almost French looking wouldnt you say!) this is a beautiful collection of work from Bruce.

denyjune said...

I love the Avenue its truly special

Toni said...

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see 'The Avenue' before - stunning!!