Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whimsical Paintings

* Big Day Out *

* After the Deluge*


(detail)

(detail)

One of the gallery's very popular artists Karen Atkins must have the most amazing imagination - take a look at these two new works on canvas. There is so much happening, with little stories happening  - little paintings within the painting!  the last two images are a close up of the works which show the detail - an intimate look into the life on a farm with a "whimsical Karen Atkins style". 

1 comment:

theoldboathouse said...

Dear Janet, I was in Manly late today and as I always do I looked at your shop as I wizzed by in my car and i saw the sign and I thought...THAT CAN"T BE RIGHT??? So now i am home i have just scrolled down and seen the post I had missed about the sale. I hope it is for reasons you are at peace with that you are closing. It is such a beautiful and inspiring gallery. Manly will miss it and you so so much. The street just won't be the same. I am so glad I have had a chance to get to know you through your blogging.chat soon xxxx Katherine