Friday, August 5, 2011

City and Seascapes

"Market Street Cafe"
60x60cms oil
"Thornton Street Ferry"
30x40cms oil


"December in Melbourne"
62x122cms oil

"Showers off Skirmish Point"
70x100cms oil

"Dazzling Sunlight in the City"
40x50cms oil

"Frontal Dunes"
70x100cms oil
What an amazing collection of oils we have just received by Michael Cawdrey, I hung them on our beautiful white wall as you walk into the gallery and what a wonderful display - talk about turning heads!  This is traditional art in its true form - Michael is a very talented artist, his works glisten with light and shade, and the quality is just superb.  We are incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful stable of QUEENSLAND artists and they have stayed loyal to our gallery all these years.  I started 10 years ago and Michael was well and truly established with the previous owner long before I started and he continues to this day. Beautiful scenes of Brisbane, Bribie and Melbourne.
Have some wonderful news to bring you and there isn't enough days for me to keep writing the blog,  as Sharlene - our new Gallery Director will be taking over the reigns shortly - exciting!  as I head off into the (Manly) sunset....but I'll make sure I post some wonderful photos in the next day or two.

No comments: